How To Bid
You must first register to be able to place a bid.
The easiest way to do this is to register on-line via the website. This will allow you to place a bid on-line from the comfort of your own home at any time during the auction.
- From the HOME page of the website hover over the tab "Login" this will open a drop down list.
- At the bottom of the list click the option "Register" This will take you to the registration form. Fill in the form with your contact details.
- The Display name is the name shown on the website against your bid, this can be any name or nick name (no inappropriate names please).
- You will need to remember your User Name and Password to be able to place a bid.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions. Once you have read these click on the box next to "Accept Terms & Conditions" then click on Register at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a message "Registration Complete"
- Once you have submitted your registration you will not be able to bid until we authorise you.
- Please register at least 24 hours before you wish to bid to allow us time to deal with your registration.
- Please contact us if you want to bid immediately before your registration has been authorised.
You are now registered to access the website to place a bid.
If you have any problems registering please telephone us and we will assist you with your registration. Tele 01745 355880
- Go to LOGIN and input your User Name and Password
You can now place a bid on the bird you are interested in
- To do this click the BID NOW box on the right hand side of the bird details.
This will take you to a page with the full bird details and will display the current bid. From this page you will be able to place a bid and set a maximum bid on the bird you are interested in if you wish.
- On the left hand side of the page is a red box BID £000 This is the bid button and it displays the next bid increment.
- Once you click on this red box you have placed a bid.
Once you place a bid we cannot withdraw it from the auction.
- To set a maximum bid click in the box next to Set max bid.
Input the amount of your maximum bid ie £200.00. Then click on the red box Set max bid.
- The website will automatically bid on your behalf up to your maximum bid if someone bids against you.
- The information relating to your maximum bid is only visible to you.
- If two bidders set the same maximum bid on a bird the bird sale price will go to the maximum bid amount set by the two bidders.
The successful bidder will be the first bidder who set that maximum bid amount.
The bids will go up in £25 increments from £100 to £500, £50 increments from £500 to £1000 and £100 increments over £1000
- If you are successful in bidding for a bird please telephone us the day after the auction closes to make arrangements for payment and collection of your birds from the continental loft.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque payable to Redstar E.A. Ltd or
Debit/Credit Card. (There is an additional charge for the use of credit/debit cards)
- Birds cannot be collected from a UK address. If you wish us to book delivery on your behalf the birds will be collected from the loft in Belgium/Holland and delivered direct to an address in mainland UK or on a set day and time to collection points in Newry and Dublin.
- Payment for delivery is cash to the carrier when he delivers your bird.